Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Healthy Eating Series: #2 Back to the Garden



After yesterday's post, which highlighted a ham shop as a healthy dining option, I figured I better find a real healthy restaurant for today's post.  But don't thank me yet.

I had a meeting downtown yesterday so I figured it would be a good opportunity to try Back to the Garden in the CBD, which I had been told might fit the bill for this series.



Look I rarely say anything bad about a place.  That's because, quite honestly, I rarely come across a place that doesn't have at least a few redeeming qualities.  All I can think of, that's nice to say about Back to the Garden, is that the food was served quickly.  I wanted to say it was cheap too, but really what does that matter if you don't want to eat the food?



So I got the Veggie Stir-fry.  What you see above is actually the half order.  Its a medley of vegetables served over some brown rice.  I'll be honest even looking at the picture is making me a little queasy (for the full effect give the picture a click).  It just wasn't good.  It was pretty heavy on the garlic.  And I'm pretty sure it was the kind of garlic that comes out of a jar and not out of a clove.

And I don't know a lot about brown rice... I feel like it probably makes for a good substitute in a dish or a recipe, but when you are just serving it straight up its kinda like eating... well its kinda like eating brown rice I guess.

Now there are sandwiches and salads on the menu that might be better, but I saw a few of them on other tables and nothing looked too stellar.  So I wouldn't recommend Back to the Garden... even if you looking for a healthy option.  From my experience, chances are you will only eat a few bites and then grab a McDouble on the way to your meeting... and in the end how healthy is that really?

0 comments:

Post a Comment