Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lundi Gras Dinner at LPK

So I know I promised a parade food post but we (I) had had to go to the bathroom so bad after watching the Orpheus Parade that we had to go right back to my place. So we decided the Louisiana Pizza Kitchen on Carrollton wasn't a bad option... but that's still up for debate.

It was crowded and just a few minutes before closing, but they still sat and served us. We started with the Fresh Mozzarella Salad. It was pretty standard but tasty. Fresh mozzarella, Roma tomatoes, red onion, basil, and balsamic.

I had the Chicken Manicotti with chicken, mozzarella, Parmesan, mushrooms, and spinach in pasta with marinara and then baked. It was alright, nothing really special though and kinda watery which sounds really gross but it wasn't, it just wasn't great.

Kerry Mitchell had the calzone with cheese, Italian sausage and mozzarella and ricotta, which was more of the same as far as quality goes. She said it didn't have much flavor. Afterward she felt sick until the morning. So I said in the first post that 90% of what we eat is good. It was about time for the other 10% to show up I guess.

Really, maybe it's our fault for not getting Pizza at Louisiana Pizza Kitchen.


Post a Comment