Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pulled Pork Burritos


So this is a post that has been in the works for a few months now -- since before the blog existed, actually. Or I guess what I really mean is I had a pork roast in the freezer for a few months. I bought it back in December, but didn't have a Crock Pot at the time to slow cook it in. I got a little one over Christmas just for this occasion. And Kerry got a Cuisinart food processor for Christmas so we were excited about fresh salsa and guacamole as well.

MBA classes will get in the way of the best of plans, though, and it took us a few months to get to it. Worth the wait.


We slow cooked the pork all day. We threw in some chicken broth, some Montreal Chicken Seasoning, and she doesn't know it, but I put a little cumin in later. Then, while she was at one of our typical marathon MBA team meetings, I shredded it up and went to the store for some fresh salsa and guacamole ingredients.


The pico de gallo we made was really good. Just some fresh vine-ripened tomatoes, white onion, a little jalapeno and salt.


And then we used the same recipe for the guacamole, plus a fresh avocado (Robert's charged me the $1 Hass avocado price even though I got the $2 Frontera avocado). There is still some of this sitting in the fridge for consumption today. The Pico and Guacamole really made the meal.


So we wrapped it all up with a little cheese and lettuce on some skillet-warmed tortillas (ask Kerry how to roll up a burrito, she knows how to now).  Delicious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment