Friday, October 23, 2009

Yo Mama's Bar and Grill


New Orleans had some great burger joints. Rather than get into the whole "Best Burger in New Orleans" debate, where Port of Call and Bulldog supporters often come to blows, let me just say this- Yo Mama's was the most surprised I had ever been about how good a burger was.

A few weeks back, after rushing out to the Guerrilla Radio show at HOB and missing dinner, some friends directed us to Yo Mama's. Needless to say we were fairly ravenous bu the time we left the show and slipped into Yo Mama's. We sat down ordered a few more cold ones and put in our orders. And then the order came.

And it was so good.

When I ordered my Roquefort Blue Cheese burger at 1am I really was expecting something St. Charles Tavern-esque to come out. And I would have been fine with that. I would have been excited with that actually. But no. This burger was juicy and medium rare and the Roquefort was creamy and blue cheesy. Seriously look at it. It was go good that my camera couldn't even take a clear picture of it.


And look I got a salad instead of baked potato. Hilarious! Why would I do that?

Long story short. Get there. If you're downtown its close by. If you're uptown its worth the trip. If you're in Metairie... wait why are you in Metairie?

0 comments:

Post a Comment