Sunday, November 29, 2009

Two Thanksgivings

I really believe that if you only have one Thanksgiving dinner you aren't taking advantage of the season. I was lucky enough to sneak in two last week. One in New Orleans with my MBA classmates and friends and one up in Atlanta with my parents and grandmother.

Obviously, they were two very different different kinds of meals but I like to think that both captured the true spirit of Thanksgiving.


NOLA Thanksgiving 2009 included 30 dishes from 30 participants and a 30 pound turkey. Also about 30 bottles of wine and a handle of Crown Royal. I don't need to tell you that those things all add up to 121 units of good times.


Seriously look at this plate. That's Chicken Parmesan on there next to the stuffing, cheese mashed potatoes and turkey. "Why?" you ask?

You ask too many questions.


The Villegas' had a more traditional spread. Look there is my mom and grandmother! We went a little more gourmet than usual this year. Check out the menu below.

Appetizers

Hot Tomato, Jack and Crab Dip

with Toast Points

Salad

Pear Salad with Rasberry Cream

Entrees

Herbed Roasted Turkey Breast

Brown Butter Mash Potatoes

Roasted Broccolini with Crushed Red Pepper and Bacon

Orange, Gingered, Glazed Carrots

Cornbread, Wild Mushroom, and Pecan Stuffing

Old Fashioned Apple Cranberry Sauce

Desserts

Spiced Pumpkin and Apple Pie

with Whipped Cream

And that's what it looked like on the plate. It was delicious and well executed by two talented chefs if I do say so myself.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment