Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lakeview Harbor

So Lakeview Harbor is up by City Park and (kinda) near the lake. They serve burgers. Specifically they serve Port-of-Call style burgers.

Their burgers are average... I'll be honest, I can think of at least 3 places off the top of my head (Port-of-Call, Yo Mama's, Bulldog...) whose burgers I enjoy more than Lakeview Harbor's... but my favorite part about Lakeview Harbor is their appreciation of the ironic.

I'll be honest, when I heard "Lakeview Harbor" there were two things I was expecting about the location. I think you can probably figure out what those assumptions were. But Lakeview Harbor is located in a strip mall off of Harrison Ave., with no lakes or harbors in sight. Here is what it looks like.



They do have an old school claw game there, though, so they are okay in my book. Oh and the staff was super friendly too which is always a plus.

I guess we better comment more on the the food. I had a cheeseburger. Like at Port-of-Call, the burger comes with shredded cheese and a baked potato. I couldn't see any reason not to add the bacon, chives and sour cream to the potato, so I did. So did Kerry, except she got a turkey burger on a wheat bun which is something I don't really support.


So was it the best burger in town? No, probably not, but it for sure wasn't the worst and if I lived in Lakeview I could see myself being someone that went there every once in a while. It's worth a try even if you don't live there.

Oh and here is the address of the place. Someone requested we start doing that.

Lakeview Harbor
911 Harrison Avenue
New Orleans, LA‎ 70124
(504) 486-4887

0 comments:

Post a Comment